Monday, August 13, 2012

Mose knows the 5th

When I read about the endorsement from former President Clinton, I heard yet another Mose Allison song playing in my head.

"Do you ever get the feeling you've been taken for a ride?
The bigs ones eat the little ones and there's no place left to hide.
Just don't drink the water, try not to breathe the air.
I'm not discouraged, I am not discouraged, but I'm getting there."

While still in the race I received some unsolicited feedback after the Cornwall debate from two women visiting from New York.  "We can't vote because we don't live here--but you were by far the best candidate during the debate."  Which made me think of what Mose sings:

"The best is supposed to come in first, but they're at the mercy of the worst."

So no matter who wins the Democratic primary tomorrow, I will be listening to the great philospher from Tippo:

"Stop this world, let me off.  There's just too many pigs in the same trough.  Too many buzzards sitting on the fence.  Stop this world, it ain't making sense."




No comments:

Post a Comment